EST Analytical is a family-owned and operated business.
As a market leader in sample introduction for VOC analysis by GC or GC/MS, EST Analytical has been providing innovative products to a wide variety of industries for over twenty years.
EST Analytical started looking for a document control system to replace several paper-based product development and business processes in order to prepare for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification.
Their previous processes were a combination of multiple disconnected spreadsheets and databases to manage engineering and manufacturing information such as drawings and work instructions.
Their Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) did not tie-in to their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system which resulted in duplicate data entry and a long and uncontrolled ECO approval process.
Their Quality/Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) records were Excel-based documents tracked in an Access database.
As EST Analytical searched for a document control solution they discovered that a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system was what they ultimately needed to address all of their challenges.
"With Omnify Empower we have been able to standardize business processes and centralize the management of documents, revision control and CAPAs in order to deliver consistent product to our customers and meet ISO compliance," stated Tony Batt, Quality Manager for EST Analytical.
"We continue to reap the benefits of Omnify Empower by finding new ways to adapt the solution to improve other business processes."
- Single Engineering Change and Quality Control system
- Established efficient paperless business processes
- Standardized processes for ISO compliance
- Direct integration with Sage 100 ERP
- Eliminate duplicate data entry into ERP
- All product information is organized and searchable
- Improved data integrity and process times
- Gained audit trail and traceability on all changes
- Developed closed-loop CAPA processes