Cytonome develops, manufactures and markets the most advanced, highest quality cell purification systems available worldwide for BioMedicine, BioIndustry, and BioScience.
They have an innovative focus to developing new products, where engineering develops concepts in parallel with manufacturing during the prototype phase.
More efficient communication between these departments was the drive to adopt a PLM system.
The company was managing product development with tools that did not communicate with each other.
Information had to be manually entered into separate systems which took up valuable employee time, introduced costly human data entry errors and resulted in systems containing incorrect or out-of-date information.
Cytonome was also preparing for their International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certification and needed to have formal processes in place to demonstrate proper management, tracking and reporting of product development and manufacturing procedures and information.
"Our overall product development processes are faster and more efficient due to the time savings and improved data accuracy we have realized by implementing Omnify Empower as our central product information management system," stated Heather Kiessling, Chief Financial Officer for Cytonome.
"The most significant business benefit of using Omnify Empower is the real time global updates among engineering, purchasing and manufacturing that we did not have before."
- First ISO audit resulted in zero findings and accolades from auditor
- Achieved goal of real time information sharing among engineering, purchasing and manufacturing
- Able to eliminate errors associated with manual processes
- Direct integration with SOLIDWORKS
- Direct integration with Expandable ERP
- Gained faster and more efficient product development processes
- Now manage product, quality and training information in a single/central system
- Ease of use facilitated adoption across the company