Apogee Electronics is a leading manufacturer of professional digital audio interfaces and microphones for recording and listening to music.
Apogee's latest products ONE, JAM and MiC, designed especially for Apple® iPad®, iPhone®, Mac®, and GarageBand® software, are proof that Apogee continues to be at the forefront of recording technology.
Like many new companies, Apogee was managing product information with Excel spreadsheets where Bills of Materials (BOMs) were maintained manually and changes were managed in a homegrown system.
The manual approach of hand entering information into spreadsheets proved to be error-prone with mistakes that wound up being very costly.
In addition, Excel did not provide any capabilities for revision control or assessing the effects of design decisions.
Apogee was seeking a software solution to meet their specific needs for managing BOM revisions, document vaulting, and signoff procedures with a clear record of all changes.
"The biggest factor for us in finding a solution was price followed by integration with our PADS PCB design tool, compatibility with MAC devices and the ability to own the data," said Marcus Fan, IT Manager.
"We looked at a few Product Lifecycle Management vendors including Arena Solutions, Siemens PLM and Omnify Software, and Omnify's web-based solution provided all of the functionality we required with a price that was right for us."
- Easy to use and cost effective web-based solution
- Simple upgrade from using Excel spreadsheets
- More efficient BOM and change management
- Direct integration with Mentor Graphics PADS®
- Collaboration among engineering, operations and manufacturing
- Time and cost savings with secure access to product information for their contract manufacturer
- Reduce time spend searching for information
- Improve engineering design choices